I thought I ought to sum up this year’s JavaOne2011 conference. It has been an intense week as always. This was the 10th time I’ve gone to JavaOne.
What could you say about this conference?
I am glad I really went on this year JavaOne, it was a much better JavaOne conference compared with the last year conference. :-)
This year it was not so much about JavaME, I think/I hope Oracle will take care of that during next year. Oracle announces plans to evolve the Java ME Platform and align Java ME with Java SE 7. I look very interesting but....all political things have to sort up first with all other companies involved in JavaME. But I believe Oracle are able to fix it!!
Some of the hot topics at this JavaOne:
- A JavaFX 2.0 & also a preview for Mac OS X available
- A JDK 7 for Mac OS X Developer Preview is now available, with full developer and consumer releases planned for 2012.
- NetBeans 7.1 Beta is now available, with JavaFX 2.0 support
- JavaSDK 7 and the planned version 8 (2013).
- JavaME and Nokia S40, I went to a session about this topic and it was very interesting to learn more about it. I plan to go to (26/10-27/10) Nokia World 2011 and hope to get more information from Nokia about JavaME, Qt & MeeGo
- I am very excited about Java FX 2.0 & JavaSE7, I plan to learn more about it.
- I was very very nice with the Mac OS X support for JDK 7 and JavaFX
- I hope Oracle will be able to bringing Java ME back to the mainstream platform again, perhaps next year.
- Oracle is committed to JavaME and but must now starting handling the unhealthy business mess in JavaME to be able to take JavaME forward.
- JavaOne 2011: First Wrap-Up (Terrence Barr)