What could you say about this conference?
- It was really a small JavaOne conference this year
- I also miss the normal JavaOne excitement, I didn't feel it
Some of the hot mobility topics at this JavaOne:
- Oracle show the (Oracle) JavaME roadmap, thats was good but is was a Oracle JavaME roadmap not a community JavaME roadmap!!
- Oracle is also committed to modernizing the Java ME platform, and is working with the Java Mobile community on Java ME.next. They talked about a planed meeting i Bonn about JavaME.next (some weeks away from now).
- JavaFX Mobile, has now Oracle put on hold
- MIDP 3.0 is ready for devices and new devices with MIDP 3.0 I believe are coming next year, but Oracle choose not to talk about it at this JavaOne, very strange??!!
- MIDP 3.0 is ready for devices and new devices with MIDP 3.0 are coming next year, but Oracle choose not to talk about it at this JavaOne, I really hate company politics!! Read more about it here.
- JavaOne gets smaller and smaller, the first year I attend JavaOne it was 5 whole days . Starting 8.30 in the morning and ending 23.30 in the evening.
- I feel now I will probably not attend any more JavaOne conference, if Oracle not change back to the old way of doing (Sun) JavaOne.
- Oracle is committed to JavaME and but must now starting handling the unhealthy business mess in JavaME to be able to take JavaME forward.