What is Next Generation Java for Mobile devices?
For the moment we have different answers and more confusions for all of us.
- eRCP, based on JavaME/CDC1.1/FP1.1
- Android, Java-based but not based on JavaME
- JavaFX Mobile, based on JavaME/CDC1.1/FP1.1
- JSR 249: Mobile Service Architecture 2, based on JavaME/CDC1.1/FP1.1
- JSR 271: Mobile Information Device Profile 3 (MIDP 3.0) , based on on JavaME/??
so Please Nokia, SonyEricsson and Motorola tell us!!!
I also think it would be great to have more information about the work going on in JSR-249 and JSR- 271, please tell us!!
Read more here:
- Google Android: Initial Impressions and Criticism by Jilles van Gurp
- Will Google fracture or unify mobile Linux?
- how Google routed around Sun's IP-based licensing restrictions on Java ME
- The Android SDK, Demo Video and Contest by Carlos Enrique Ortiz
- What is Android vs JavaFX Mobile? by Evan Summer
- Sooo, what about Google Android and phoneME? by Terrence Barr
- Android Developers Blog
- On the Android announcement - a bullet list by Sean Sheedy
- Google's Android revealed: Component software for the mobile world