Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Debugging on the SavaJe phone with Netbeans 5.5 beta 2 Mobility Pack for CDC works now

I followed the steps in http://java.savaje.com/wiki/index.php/Using_JDWP_to_debug_bundles
I was using Netbeans 5.5 beta 2 Mobility Pack for CDC.
On the phone I had installed the Early Access Update 2 for the JavaOne Jasper Edition

But I was not able to debug on the phone. I got:
Attaching to 192.168.254.2:9462
Connection refused.
I was not able to ping the phone from my PC:
ping 192.168.254.1

I have installed my Xlet on the phone by placing the bundle files on the SD card under a folder entitled /savaJe/bundles/.
Then it is not possible to start the application when the USB cable is connected. HowTo do that?

I got an answer from SavaJe:
I'm assuming that you are mounting the SD card to the PC via the USB mass storage driver. The SD card can only be seen by one device at a time (either the phone or the PC).

After you've copied the bundle files to the SD card, right click the drive letter of the SD card on the PC, and select Eject. The phone should remount the SD card, and the Xlet should show up in the My Applications
group. To dismount from the phone (and remount to the PC), pop the SD card out and then reinsert it. Any Xlets on the SD card should disappear from My Applications, and the SD drive should reappear on the PC.

If you're using an SD adapter that plugs into the PC, you don't need to worry about this (but you have to do a lot more SD card swapping)

Now it works to debugging on the SavaJe phone using Netbeans 5.5 beta 2 Mobility pack for CDC!!

:-)

No comments: