- What's your personal favorite Java ME tool and why?
- Netbeans or Eclipse?
I work as a Java consultant and I have to use both tools at different customer.
The customer has often already selected what tools the project should use.
I think; because both Eclipse and Netbeans are free, try both!!
Eclipse and Netbeans have very friendly installations, no MS registstry changes, everything in one folder; because of that it is very easy to remove both eclipse and Netbeans.
My favorite tool is Netbeans!!!
What like with Netbeans is good/fast support for new things (like Java ME/CDC1.1) and the Netbeans community (if you have a question always someone answer).
If you would like to try Netbeans Mobility Pack for CLDC and NetBeans Mobility 5.5 Pack for CDC, install the following software on your computer:
- JDK 5.0
- NetBeans IDE 5.5 Beta 2
- NetBeans Mobility 5.5 Pack for CDC Preview version
- Sun Java Toolkit 1.0 for CDC, Early Access
Now you have support for Java ME/CDC1.1/PP1.1 and AGUI(JSR-209=Swing)
- NetBeans Mobility Pack 5.5 beta 2
- Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.5 for CLDC, Beta
- Carbide.j 1.5 (add Nokia SDK:s)
Now you have support for Java ME/CLDC1.1/MIDP2.0
In the menu "tools" "Java platform Manager"